Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13: Where Does the Time Go?

The best laid plans........................Somehow, it looks like we might miss Spring and go directly into Summer.  May started with snow, then rain and more rain.  Today it will be 82 and tomorrow should be 92.  That sort of speaks to my time off since Spring semester finished.  I had a week of moving equipment, building in free-standing room divider walls, dust removal (a hideously sneaking part of woodworking), and then came the fun of rebuilding and reorganizing the wood racks.  I should be very buff, but I think I just tightened a bit of the flab.

I have also spent quite a few hours with Dad at the doctors or at physical therapy.  When he moved in 10 months ago he talked a bit about not being as quick on his feet, but he was always in the thick of things.  He commented, last week, "What a difference 10 months makes!"  He does not drive anymore, moves slowly, has numerous health issues, aches every where.  He is trying for a new hearing system, needs his pacemaker battery replaced, has a neurology appointment for his legs and feet, and just plain feels worn out.  If you are a praying person, he could use one of comfort and de-stressing.

Quilt studio is in upheaval.  We moved all his embroidery supplies and machine up to his bedroom level of the house so he only has to deal with 7 steps.  That really opened up the studio, but I have not had time to deal with it.  I already have 3 quilts on the list for summer, plus at least one more that needs to be quilted and bound.  There are also all those started projects and Dad's bibs.  I love a challenge, so I will get in there before the end of the week.

School started again on Tuesday.  I had 6 assignments to do before tomorrow night, including my first exam.  That is caught up.  This is another exciting but very intense class on entrepreneurship.  Class runs from 5:30 - 9:30 on Tuesday night.  I am carving out 12 more hours for homework and reading for the class.  The rest will be organized between doctors, quilting, and the shop.  Lots of projects in my head!

Had a great birthday and a very quiet Mother's Day.  Being 60 is great, so far.

Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

Give Grandpa a big hug for me!

Liz said...

Sending prayers.