Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31: When will summer arrive?

Stopped trying to figure out when Spring was coming and have moved on to thinking about summer.  It is not my favorite season but it does mean fresh fruit and grilling, so there are some benefits to the season.

On this last day of May, I have been very busy with running a rummage sale and helping with our shop open house.  My sister Jodie was kind enough to assist by pretty much being in charge of so much of it.  We never know how to do things nice and slow, but then where is the fun in being laid back and slow-moving?  The best parts of  the sale were having time to spend with my sister, talking to a few people I knew, and meeting all the interesting characters that came through our garage.  Tomorrow we will be doing a bit more, but we did already sell quite a bit of it.

Our shop open house was run by Kevin.  He talked to many people and shared what we do in the our shop.  We heard lots of compliments about our furniture and other wood items.  Many people took our cards and several asked some questions that could lead to new commissions.  Tomorrow is another day.

I even took several hours off to go down and help with the community lunch sale.  It was fun feeling a little like I was becoming part of the community.  Everyone ws so friendly.

Our business is picking up and we love what we are doing so all is good.

Next week I start two other classes and work as hard as I can to finish up another.  I love learning, but there is a drawback.  With all the homework, business book work, and shop work, I am not finding any time to quilt.  No complaints just  the facts of life.  Riley, Nick, Ben and Jill will probably still get their quilts before the summer ends, but July will be fairly uncomplicated (only one online class during the month!)

Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

I feel like summer will never come. Its cold and rainy this week. Good thing swim lessons (outdoor) started this week.