Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 21: Random Thoughts

Here we go again!  Can't upload with this program.  Wonder how long it will take for Blogger to get it fixed.  GRRRRRRRRR...... The major reason for writing this post was to share a few photos.  I will when the system starts working again.

Considered dropping out of school for a few hours on Tuesday.  Computer was driving me crazy, I had created the problems myself and also corrected them myself.  Got back on track!

Had to take a series of random photos with strangers for models.  Had to tell them what I was doing and have them sign a model release.  I am not so good with walking up to strangers for this kind of thing, but everyone of them accepted.

Homework this week has mostly been enjoyable and easy to accomplish - just time consuming for a few assignments.

Worked in the shop Wednesday morning.  Stained my new creations, sanded picture frames, and held the ends of long boards for cutting.  Did homework whenever I took a 10 minute break.

Photos should go here.

Did my share of painting the house, or at least the low parts of the addition.  Now that is done, our place looks like it fits into the neighborhood.

Yesterday, I working in the shop, did homework, did laundry, and helped a bit at a rehearsal dinner.

Photo should go here.

Thought I would share one photo of how my new creation will be used,  Kevin and I collaborated on building wooden stands to display small embroidered projects that Dad will be selling a couple of craft shows.  The design is our creation so I am not revealing how it is put together - copyrighted.  We are planning to sell these stands to customers for a variety of different handcrafted fabric projects.  I can envision them with miniature quilts, Dad's embroidery projects, needlepoint, and appliqued pieces.  Why not just buy something out there? 
  • Well, having handwork framed can be very expensive.
  • Wooden frames don't display these projects as something fully completed by the "artist".
  • Designs can be changed regularly.
  • Just a couple of changes and a larger or smaller piece can be used.
  • The stand looks great on the fireplace mantle or on a shelf.
  • Handmade gifts are showcased, not the frames,
  • Etc.
  • Etc.

Even if the system is not working............

Life is GOOD!

No comments: