Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17: Working on the Woodshop





We have done all the paperwork and written the checks for the permits, etc., to become a custom woodworking shop, but we have to wait for county approval for the actual conditional use permit before we can actually start operating as a business (June 25th). Therefore, Kevin has plenty of time to work on setting up the shop and doing some of our personal building like shelves and such while I work on other spaces in the house. Today is Kevin's first day of sorting through what is actually there. Our nephews Sam and Colin helped us haul the wood purchased in Vermont, boxes, and machines into the space. Kevin and I purchased and  moved in most of the materials that will be used for building shelves and tables.(My carving gloves came in very useful! - NO SLIVERS for me!)  Now he is sorting through and working out how he wants to arrange things. Once he tells me what space is for my carving area, I have free reign in its design.  Later today I will go down and help hang some 4x8 sheets of sheathing materials on the wall so he can mount a few things. I am great at "holding".  Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What an AWESOME space!!

Castle Family said...

Good golly that's not a shop, that's a gymnasium!