Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28: Home Again

We spent the last week helping my father-in-law prepare for the move to our house. In many cases I left the choices to  Kevin and his dad, but I did pack up a number of pots and pans.  Dad loves to bake.  He is not making the move here until next month, but we spent a week sorting through and deciding what he wanted to bring to the house.  It was interesting to hear his stories and look through all the treasures.  Can't get my head around living in the same place for more than a few years, he has not moved for 16 years, and 80 years of living does tend to mean there all kinds of possibilities for accumulating.  lol

We are back home with the truck and trailer and have unloaded the boxes and pieces of furniture.  We are not unpacking his treasures until he arrives.  As we discussed, he has a lot of years to get it all settled. 

For the next few weeks we are going to be work at getting our own things settled and work on developing a real routine.  I have fabric that is calling to me and wood that needs to be carved.  What more can a girl require?  Life is GOOD!

No comments: