Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1: Happy Fools' Day to All!

I started out with intentions of studying all day for my test on Thursday, but THAT WAS A FOOLISH THOUGHT!  Seems everyone realized I was home and that must have sounded like She is available.  Dad had an errand to run.  Then I took him to the doctor.  I followed that up with making a business delivery and getting an oil change.  In between there were a number of phone conversations, texts, and business email.  All of it was important, yet all of it was keeping me from my studying (I did study while they changed my oil!)  Still I am smiling and not tearing out my hair. ;o)

Not complaining, but I think I allowed it because I am a bit nervous about this test and can't seem to focus.  I use this software program, but the thought of performing all the required tasks without access to my reference material and having to do it in a short 2 hours seems way beyond me at the moment.  What does a perfectionist do when they don't think they do something well enough?  My pysch professor from years ago said they either don't attempt or they procrastinate.  Guess what?  Besides that, setting up and using a database is something that I want to make pretty and organized, so I get stuck in the minutiae.  It is a crazy, illogical thought process for me.  I need to keep telling myself go for the big parts and then come back to the minutiae as time allows.  That is NOT, I say NOT how I do things!

It must also be acknowledged that , AFTER ALL, I am the Dinker's Daughter and can fill an hour with 5 minutes of work.  I make deadlines and keep them, but given a less structured day, I can keep myself occupied with the DETAILS for hours.  Maybe I am not a perfectionist, maybe I just want to really did in and understand everything I am trying to do????

Well, it is now 7:00 PM and I have a deadline of 9:30 to complete 5 parts of my studying, so here goes!  Don't expect to hear from me again until Thursday after 5:30 PM.

Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Henrietta said...

Good luck with the test, I will keep you in my thoughts.

Love the postage stamps!