Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 31: HAPPY EASTER!

Seems like I have nothing new and different to report most of the time, but today it seems like a special blessing to have a flower on my Christmas cactus.  It had great blooms for Christmas, but I offer challenges to plants in the form of staying alive, so blooming is really amazing to me!

Maybe, I should practice being more observant of my environment.  Love the sky and notice it often, but have you ever watched a huge vacuum suck up sawdust.  Zoe turned me on to the sight.  I get so involved in studying and the business that I forget to pause and view the beauty that is simply there to enjoy.  Cost is not truly relevant because even the moments taken inspire me to think in different ways.  Am I busy, yes, would it be helpful if I could simply focus and get tasks done in quick order, yes.  Would I miss the joy of learning if I turned it into a strictly task-completion situation, yes.  I know  I study many hours, but that is  because I want to understand all there is about the software that will help in our business.  I go online to learn more about several social platforms, and I work in the shop.  But I count these as benefits and am mostly willing to pay the price to understand all of it.  Kelly refers to it as OPPORTUNITY COST.


However, I have managed to slip in a few moments of binding.  When I started this quilt I could not even begin to imagine that I would even like it.  Now I have to say it is one of my avorites.  It is simple, colorful, and the quilt I have chosen to give myself for my own 60th birthday gift.  I started to make this and stared at the colors hoping for inspiration.  Read and article that said if you cut the pieces small enough anything can be beautiful.  I cut 4" squares, then 3" ones.  Finally went with strip piecing 2 1/2" stripes and then recutting.  It is just what I never knew I wanted.  It is so busy that meandering was perfect.  Blue and white are a favorite combination, so the back makes me smile, too.  My birthday is still over a month away, but I am already singing. 

No comments: