Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23: Did Not Take Me As Long As I THought!

Still have a week left of classes, but I am so close to being finished that I started planning Ben and Jill's wedding quilt today.  It will be purple and green with touches of brown.  Now I need a good pattern.  Have not committed to batiks or anything else, but I know the colors. The design decision will be made this weekend.  That is a start.  I am going to create the design in EQ or do a scrappy round-the-world.  However, I think it will have to be a fat-quarter quilt because I do not really have these colors in abundance.

I am also planning to do some other sewing this weekend.  Dad has done a great job embroidering bibs so I have a large number that will require the stretching neckbands.  The best part is he is truly enjoying selecting the various designs and he always seems to have someone who is looking for one.

School has been a lot about computer software this semester,so it will be nice to switch to tasks that are not as eye intense for a week or two.  I am embroidering a set of snowmen, and find that I can enjoy a half hour and accomplish quite a bit.  Imagine what it will be like when I do not have homework in the evening.  Might have to do a few more for Christmas gifts, too.  Relaxing to just sit and stitch!

For those that care, I am going to commit to blogging about some quilting/sewing task at least once a week from now until classes begin in late August.  The posts will be about what I have actually done during the week.  The wedding quilt will be revealed only in part until the happy couple receives it, but there are lots of things that I would like to stitch so there will something going on every week.

I am also going to do at least 4 hours of carving weekly, so I will be sharing that, as well.  I have a number of ideas, but nothing specific at the moment.  That will wait until the last group paper is turned in on Tuesday morning.  ;o)

Life is not only GOOD, it is filled with blessings and reasons to be abundantly greatful!

No comments: