Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 27: Busy in the Shop

I routed these bowl innards yesterday.
 We got up a little later than normal and the headed down to the shop for a day of work. With the exception of coming up for meals, we worked in the shop until about 7:30.  Here a few things we accomplished.
Today I used the band saw to cut the outside, and then I
used the belt sander to continue shaping it.  Tomorrow I
plan to finish it all and cut the other one.

These are my next comfort crosses.  I have to still do a second
sanding, add another coat of hand-rubbed poly.  Then  each cross
will be buffed until it feels very smooth.

 While I was working on my projects, Kevin and Dad were working on their part of Dean's birthday present.  Dad does a little in the shop.  He likes to do his part, especially if it is making something for someone in the family.

When they finished, I it was my turn.  Dean specifically requested blue, red and black on this particular project.  It should be put together tomorrow for a bit of show-n-tell.
















Life is GOOD!





No comments: