Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1: Lion or Lamb?

Today I am thinking LAMB, but we are negative 19 inches of snow at this point for the winter and we have been in a drought, so we could using the roaring!!!!!

Spring break officially began at 3:50 pm yesterday.  When I walked in from class, my book bag went upstairs and I went directly to my studio. I had a commission to replace a photo in a quilt and this was the week to do it.  I was a bit nervous when I started, picking, but in less than 3 hours of actual work time, I had it completed.  Would show you but it is a very personal quilt.  I am still amazed how well the replacement fit in.  Love it when a plan comes together.

Plan to do some type of quilting every day for the next 10 days, but it might only be an hour of something.  If I did that much in one day, I could probably complete several projects, but when I stop and start I tend to do more dreaming.  Today I am going to do some hand sewing in the car, so I might get more than an hour.  However, three hours of a car ride also includes the usual dozing and all that other stuff.  If we arrive home early enough, I will do the machine seam on the next row so I will have hand work for tomorrow night.  Then I will be binding Dad's experimental quilt blocks together.  (Not a work of art, but a good resource for large open areas with his embroidered blocks.)

I am planning to make this a week with no more that 3 hours of computer time a day.  It will be odd considering that many days during the semester I would have to admit to spending from 7:15  to 4:00 on the computer, except when walking between classes and at break time. Friday I spend about 4 hours doing business and personal work on the computer in the office.   Then at least 2 nights during the week I go from 7-10, and then there is that homework that spills into one of the weekend days, as well.  - Not much of the time is spent blogging or on Facebook, but those things are relaxing, so I could easily get sucked into them if I did not monitor my time.

Time to get cracking because even on break there is work and activities afoot.
  1. see accountant
  2. Deliver payment for a dress
  3. Delivery items to quilt shop
  4. Present Terry with the quilt and the new smiley photo
  5. Go to the bank
  6. Sand if there is time
  7. Jump in the car and stitch while we travel to see grandbabies and kids
  8. In bed by 10:00.
Life is GOOD!

No comments: