Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9: Break is Ending =o(

I have been very busy with taxes and everything else that it involves.  Hopefully, by the time taxes roll around next year, I am hoping that I will be able to pull all the papers together in just one afternoon, but this year there is so much more than just the business.  (moving, home buying, the Tennessee rental, moving Dad in, etc)

However, I have still taken time to do some assisting in the shop.  Today was all about building a cutting table with an enclosed area with shelves.and large doors.  I was also working on some other paperwork in the shop, so it was a very busy day.

After dinner I did a little to help dad with a new project.  We are making embroidered bibs.  I cut the holes and put on the ribbing collars.  Then he is picking different embroidery designs, and spending several hours on each one.  He is loving it and is receiving more instant gratification  because when he is done embroidering he has the finish product.  For me, it makes me feel better, too, because he is so involved and not waiting for me to have time to make a whole quilt from his blocks.







Yesterday, we went out and about for a few hours.  Dad decided it was finally time to retire his old recliner and was pretty much determined to do it yesterday.  By the time we came home, he had his new chair.  Apparently, in the middle of the night he tested it fully because he could not sleep.  Love the fact that he finds it comfortable for his back, as well.




Break is almost over, but I am ready to go back to class so I can rest up.  lol

Life is GOOD!

No comments: