Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25: Out of Touch BUT Learning SO Much

First, a photo of a quilt my daughter is making.  It is going to be part of a auction at my granddaughter's school.  She brought it with her to quilt this past weekend.  I got involved by trimming and attaching the binding.  I also hand-stitched about two feet of the binding.  We both love scrappy, but our translations are always so different.  lol

I have also done some stitching on a few of Dad's items,  He has his bibs going and has also been completing some small stuffed toys for young children.  He has found an outlet where he can sell some of his items to recover his cost, so he can make more  It is a great deal for him!  Thank you, Wendy!

*************************

We had some adorable grandkids and their parents visit for a few days last week.  Not certain where all the energy comes from, but it is a joy to observe and also participate in some of the crazy activities.  So many laughs, tickles, and hugs!  We are so blessed!

********************************

Besides having what I hope is my only cold of the season, I have been working very hard developing our business website.  Each day I learn a bit more.  I am probably to the point where I know just a little bit more than many, but not enough to consider doing it for a living by any means.  The process is challenging and at one point felt like it was way beyond my comfort level. Now it is more a matter of taking in more and more information and wanting to make our site better from the beginning.  Problem with that is that there are so many other areas that I am working to develop, that I am now thinking that a 48 hour day with only 6 hours of sleep still would not be enough.  (I try hard to keep things in perspective by maintaining a sense of humor and gratitude:  My brain is so active that I am hoping it will ward off some of the effects of aging, but I need to get my other parts movingmore  so that I will live long enough to truly enjoy the fruits of my labors - and I am not talking about my teeth!)

There are less than 6 weeks of class left for this semester, then I have a 4 day break before I start summer classes.  I am only taking 3 classes during the summer, and they are spaced out in a way that I will not have more than one course most of the time.  I am going to try and give myself time to quilt, play and work in the shop all summer, but I also need these courses, so.............................

***********************************
Was chewing something this morning and danged if I did not break off a part of a tooth - one that the dentists in my life have been wanting to crown for 10 years, but still........................ Guess what I am doing on Wednesday?

***************************8
May God keep you in the palm of his hand and protect you from harm.  May he give you moments of peace and contentment.   May he also challenge you to live the best life you can.  May you honor him by being grateful and accepting that enough is as good as a feast!

Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Nancy A. said...

In the last three months, I have had two crowns, one right after the other. All I can say--good luck. One is just fine, and the other one I still can't chew with. I am not in a hurry to go back, but you do what you have to do......