Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15: Happy Birthday , Anna and Wendy

Anna turned 3 yesterday.  We had scheduled some Skyping time with her at 7:15, but Jon called to say she had fallen asleep in her plate at 6:53.  She is constantly on the move when she is awake, so I guess she had just worn herself out.  We will try again until we get it right.  Happy Birthday, Sweet Little Girt!

I may be 60, but my baby sisters are still spring chickens.  Happy Birthday, Wendy!  May you have many more joyful celebrations of life!

Yes, I quilted most of yesterday.  I went down into the studio after church and emerged for meals and for a little trial and error winding bobbins on Dad's new machine.  Believe me quilting was much more fun than the bobbin stuff.  I am taking him in for a bobbin lesson this morning.

After dropping him off at the house, I am meeting a school friend for lunch.  That is my treat before doing a task I do not enjoy - shopping for clothes.  When I stopped teaching and being the boss's wife, I found I had little need to dress up except for church and I can wear slacks with a nice shirt or sweater there.  Thought I could live out my life with jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts, but I have jury duty all of next month, Kevin's class reunion and then Ben and Jill's wedding.  I have never loved shopping except at quilt stores and recently wood stores, so this is going to be a marathon shopping day with the hopes of getting it all done in one outing.  I am going alone so I can yeah or nay pieces right in the dressing room. Guess I should not complain too much, though, because I can at least afford to buy clothes, right?



Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

I wish you luck with the shopping. I too am not a fan of it - Guess I get that from you. :-)