Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17: Sun with a 100% Chance of Quilting

I am continuing with the plan to spend most of this week quilting.  Last night I think I cut the last of the pieces.  I am going to be putting blocks together today  Each block has 4 smaller blocks and each smaller block has 2 sets of smaller blocks.  I am making the smallest version today.  This is a controlled scrappy quilt of purple and green with a touch of brown for the groom.  Have not quite figured out whether to border it or not, but that is probably a couple days off.  Love the pattern and the color combinations.  Can't believe that at one time I thought batiks were ugly.

Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

diane said...

Oh my gosh it makes me smile to see you say that about batiks. That was me too. Didn't much like quilting them and didn't much like the feel of them. Then they either grew on me or changed, but now I really like them.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

I think that probably changed and grown on you and me are both correct. I made another quilt with batiks way back and I hated every moment of it. Did not ever become fond of it but it was loved by the person who requested it.