Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8: The Quilt

In case anyone is wondering, I am working on the wedding quilt.  I am not going to show any other photos of it until it is finished.  I have piles of half-square triangles and the other block parts.  I am going to use today to do some trimming and then make more blocks. 

I have also started to sort through some t-shirts for the first of 3 t-shirt quilts.  Need them all finished before colleges start in the fall, but I am using the traditional pattern so once I have done all the ironing and cutting, they will go together quickly.  Figure I can do lots of binding in August because I am not planning much of anything else since I am on jury duty for the month.

Biggest problem with loving all the things I do is that I am always ready for the next project be it quilting, woodworking, or school, but I never catch-up to thoroughly enjoy the process and the product.  Binding is my way of slowing down and enjoying my handiwork, so August will be more relaxing, at least in my head.

Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Dad is working on mastery. Could not even be troubled to watch a movie with us last night.