Monday, July 22, 2013

July 21: Close but not quite!

I have all the blocks sewing into strips.  I have FIVE seams left to finish and then add the border.  Tomorrow, I plan to load it, but need to pick up the bamboo batting first.  Should be able to do that after Dad and I take the sewing class for his new machine.  Should be able to bind in the evenings for the remainder of the week and then be able to roll it up and put a bow on it for the happy couple.

Wednesday and Thursday I will be meeting with my nephews to pick out some fabric and have lunch.  Two more quilts in the works.  These are the last of the nieces and nephews to graduate from high school, so after that I will go back to making some of the designs in my head and finishing other projects that I have already started.  Of course, Dad has some sewing for me to do as well.  August should be a great deal of sewing fun!

Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

I have said it before but I will say it again. I am jealous of your time to quilt. :-)

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Yes, but I will be back in school all too soon and then there will be much less time for such things.