Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25: More Paper Work

Tonight we go before the Planning and Zoning Board to hear whether we will qualify for our Conditional Use Permit so we can operate our woodworking business on our property.  Seems like it should be accepted based on the paper work, but we will be waiting for it with anticipation.

Knowing that once we have it we will both want to throw ourselves full tilt into becoming operational, we decided that today we have to do whatever we can to finish up sorting all the papers and handling any items that might slip through the cracks once we get busy- translates into getting our household files in order and paperwork time scheduled on a weekly basis.  We have created a daily chore calendar for everything around the house, too,  so that we will not let those things slip, but most of you understand about filing and piling and how you have to stay on top of it in order to stay sane.

I am also trying very hard to get back in focus with my weight.  It is not that my clothes don't fit or the scale is screaming, but more that I fear that having allowed myself to just go with the flow for the last few weeks, I might just continue that way.  I know that I feel great now, so why should I chance letting myself to forget it?  Besides when I eat well, everything else seems to be easier to do, as well.  The menus for the next two weeks are done and the groceries are in place - now I will feel good even though we are going to be very busy.

My father-in-law went out for coffee with old friends this morning.  The group meets every Monday, so hopefully he will be able to  put it into his regular schedule.  Everyone needs to have friends.  He seemed pleased with the time he spent.  Tomorrow, Kevin and Dad are meeting Kevin's uncle for coffee and to retreive Grandpa Sveum's shotgun. The funniest part about these statements is that neither Kevin nor Dad drink coffee.

Blogging is built into my daily schedule again, so expect to hear a lot about our new business adventures along with my quilting, classwork, and life in South Dakota.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: