Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 30: Stuff Happens

Today was supposed to be the day we put my longarm table together.  Alas, we discovered that somewhere along the way we have misplaced two important parts of the table.  Can't build it without them and can't fashion them out of wood.  There is only one logical place to search for them and I am not too confident that they can be found there.  We put the table into a storage unit in March and then cleared it out in May.   Did not notice anything amiss until this morning.  (Maybe we have had a few too many things going on, or something like that.)

The storge unit office is closed until Monday, so I am just going to have to pray the two parts are there and do something else constructive today and tomorrow.  A new table like the one I have is not an option - don't make them anymore.  I can still purchase a table, but it will cost $2,500 + shipping.  However, we have too many other things going on to worry about that at the moment, so maybe that is the reason this is happening at the moment?   I am not a fatalist, but rather a person that believes there is a good reason for each thing that happens in my life.  Just wish I knew the reasoning behind some of these things.  LOL

As I told Liz, this morning, I am glad it was a "thing" and not my health that I lost.  Imagine all the other areas of my life that I can focus on while this hitch works itself out. Just think:  I may become more than impressive at using QuickBooks and my carving tools.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: