Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21: Happy Pre-Thanksgiving

It has been more like Spring than anything else the past few days.  Today the temp was 76.  Okay, but I am thinking of over the river tunes and there is NO way to pull a sleigh!!!  I am cooking the turkey and trimmings tomorrow.  Today Dad made an apple crumb pie and I made two pumpkin pies.  Still don't know the oven very well so I have a little bit of burnt crust edge, but never eat that part anyway.

School was extremely long today.  I was really drawing a block on how to do the part of my accounting.  Gave me a BIG STRESS HEADACHE!!  Still need to get this figured out.  Big problem will be getting it all learned by Monday, but I will just have to find the time, right?

We placed several of our quilt stands in a quilt shop here in town.  Today we received a number of orders.  This is exciting for us!  Kevin would still like to be making big pieces of custom furniture, but this is a start.


MY friend Deb commented on wishing I was doing and sharing more quilting. I told her I wished I was too, and have planned a bit for the weekend. Thought I would show you the scrappy quilt version of our back siding. We have had a few laughs about it.



 Last night the sky was fabulous.  It is one of the things I really enjoy more since we moved to the country.
Enjoy the day and count your blessings!  Eat enough, and thank the cooks!
 
 
 Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Nancy A. said...

Beautiful photos of the sunset. While you were watching yours, Dan and I went to the Overlook by the Missouri in Yankton, and enjoyed the setting sun, too. Memories of Scout camp were spoken as we watched the waves rolling in, and the sky change colors, so Kevin was also part of our conversations! Great to have you guys nearby now--Happy Thanksgiving!