Thursday, November 15, 2012

Novenber 15: Once Again...Busy

Sunday was a low profile day.  Helped get Dad ready for his trip and wrote papers.  Kevin and Dad finished the insulation and tacked up the plastic sheeting.  Ready for the drywall.

Monday was Veteran's Day.  Kevin was the guest speaker at St. Mary's School in Dell Rapids, SD.  Once again we honored vets for their service and sacrifices.

The highlight for Dad was heading out for his trip to Branson, Missouri.  I took him to the bus at 8:30.  He joined up with his brother and sister-in-law in Lennox.  He was starting to act excited, so I am guessing he is having a great time.

For me, it was a doctor appointment for my healing foot and more studying.



Early in the afternoon, the sheetrock arrived.  Although we have remodeled before, I just learned that sheetrock actually comes in many lengths and 4 foot widths.  After supper, Kevin and Dan started the process of hanging all the sheetrock.  I STUDIED!






 Tuesday, I had class and Kevin had his part-time job.  Stopped at the post office to mail two packages - one was filled with two of the Cousin Quilts that I just finished binding.  When I came home, I swept up all the debris and studied.  Dan showed up after dinner and the sheetrocking continued.  I STUDIED!


Yesterday, I took two tests and managed to walk well enough to do the big grocery shopping, swept up all the debris, made a few calls about the remodel, and baked bars for Kevin and Dad.  After dinner they did more sheetrocking.  I went to bed at 7:30 because of a tremendous headache.

Today it is more school and part-time work.  That will be followed by sweeping up debris and studying on my part.  Kevin and Dan will be back to hanging more of the sheetrock. 

Seems a bit repetitive, but before Christmas the spaces will be completely finished.

Got to head for school.  More photos by the end of the week.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: