Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7: Went to School - Exhausted,now!

Well, technically I missed only two days of class because of my staph infection, but I had already missed Thursday of last week for our Iowa show and taken my accounting test early.  That means that I missed two days of some classes, a test in marketing, a review in computers, and accounting (my newest foreign language class).  That translates into --- I will be studying and writing all week to get back up to running order, but I did not feel completely out of it for that reason.  Today, I was out of it mostly because my foot still hurts and I have not slept well.  By 2:00 all I could think of was a nap. A short one was all I could manage because I have this LONG list of "gotta get it done" going on in my head.

The foot is still swollen and oozy, but not like yesterday.  When I finish soaking my foot, I will begin studying for my test.  Tomorrow is Thursday, so 3 classes.  The first is computers and the test over everything Excel .  The material is very useful, but challenging by itself; however, in real life I could always use my book to find out how to do something if I forgot.  The major issue tomorrow is that the testing program is hyper-sensitive to touch, so have to be very care not to touch the scroll pad prematurely.  I am taking my wireless mouse to help with this issue, especially since I am so tired these days.

Most classes still have 3 tests and a few papers left to write, but there are a few breaks built in where I can be working on the papers and organizing my notes. - Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, and a couple of classes that will be cancelled for other reasons.  I will survive and continue to love learning new things as always, just need to get through a couple more days with this foot and then I will be up and running, again.  As Pollyanna knows there are always reasons to be glad and thankful, right?  (Where is that girl????)

Saturday we will do what I think is our last show of the year, and then on Sunday we will start drywalling our new living area and filling the orders that we accumulated in our last sales.  Also think I have a few more quilts that are SCREAMING for attention, so it will be a busy time, as usual.  We just have to do some creative scheduling to make it all come together on time, right?  Fortunately, for us, everything we are doing represents things that we enjoy or are even passionate about.  (There she is--Welcome back, Polly!!!!)

Life really is GOOD!

No comments: