Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29: Adjustment Takes Time

I have finished the first week of classes.  I am taking 6 classes.  Business Communications, Marketing Public Relations, Integrated Marketing Advertising, Illustrator Essentials, Photoshop, and Photography.  All but the Bus Comm are on Tues/Thurs so I am at school from 7:15 to 6:30, but  couple of the hours include time for lunch and studying. I am excited about each and every one of them.
 Most of the classes are very hands-on, but there will be a learning curve as well as a readjustment to monitoring things on the home front.  I have not monitored all that goes on in the kitchen because I have not eaten with the guys several nights this week, Jamie's family is coming for the weekend, and last week, I had already planned to bake just one kind of bars.  Dad does a lot of the baking, but he does not tell me or write on the grocery list when he uses things up.  Brown sugar is a staple for the man.  Oatmeal on the other hand is not.  Even so, he used them all up and did not even mention it when we were at the store this evening discussing this evening's baking.  So I improvised and used just plain white sugar instead of brown and used my steel cut oatmeal (did not consider how that would be different).  Think these bars will be a little different and maybe a bit crunchy.  Fortunately, I made only a single batch so if the experiment does not work we won't be out much.
On the other hand, it has been very hot and humid this week and working in the shop needs to end by early afternoon - no air conditioning.  When I arrived home tonight there was a delightful surprise waiting.  The guys vacuumed, dusted, and made guest beds for our weekend's company.  All we had left was grocery shopping and the bars.  These are now done, so tomorrow will be used for business paperwork, homework, shop assisting, and more practice with the hands-on classes.

Adjusting to changes is always a bit of a challenge, but we will get back into the swing of things.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: