Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12: Cassy's Quilt

I finished the binding on Cassy's quilt last night.   Wanted to share now, but will try for another photo in the sunlight later this afternoon.  I am calling it "Reach for the Stars" because she has just started college to become a veternarian. Cassy is the only girl cousin my children have on the Hempel side of the family and is also Kevin's goddaughter, so a special quilt seemed to be in order.

The pattern is a layout I created in EQ.  She wanted purple and blue so I thought the batiks would help blend the two.  The fabrics are blue and purple batiks. The light areas are not white or beige but blue and purple batiks.

The quilt and several dozen of Grandpa's chocolate chip cookies will be mailed to Cassy at college this afternoon.


Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

I know she will love the quilt but its not a good idea to send them with the cookies. She might notice those before the quilt. :-)