Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 30: Busy Weekend, As Usual

This has been a very busy weekend. I did a great deal of studying for two tests, and did some extra work on the another class. Kevin has been in the shop or ripping out parts of the garage the better part of both days.  I also worked in the shop doing a lot of sanding and finishing. Then we had a photo session and now I am sharing some of what we are going to be offering at the two shows we are doing this next month. There are also custom pieces, but I will save those for another day.

 
The first 3 photos are of various door harps.  Notice the shapes of the strikers - balls and spools.  Also made several birdhouse shaped door harps.




These are hand crafted comfort crosses that Kevin and I spent a number of hours cutting on and then we sanded and sanded.  I then put on a rub-on poly.    I have one of my own that I use daily.  It is something that I have found comfort in just holding when I am doing my daily readings and meditations.  The smooth, warm texture of the wood brings me a great deal of inner peace, and the shape of it makes my spirit rejoice.
 
 
 

The cutting boards and trivets are a variety of sizes and can be used for a number of different tasks.  These are attractive and the maintenance is actually very simple. 


















We have been making some gorgeous routed  bowls, and plan to make them in a number of sizes and shapes.  What I am showing you is a photo of our first small ones, even though they are not completely finished.  The bowls have  one coat of rub-on poly.  When we have more finished I will add some more photos.


Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

Everything is BEAUTIFUL!

Liz said...

I love all of this!!