Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26: Fall is Beginning

There are not nearly as many trees in South Dakota as Vermont, so thought I would share what I can see looking out from the house.  I LOVE FALL AND WINTER!  Must be the quilter-in-me that loves snuggling under the quilts when I am doing the binding.  EXACTLY, plus it is when I met and fell in love with my husband!


From the side of the porch looking toward the neighbor's horse
 pasture


Sitting in the rocker on the front porch - corn is gone so
 I can see across the field.


Backyard trees
















Also have to say that although I celebrated with Nancy on her birthday, I did not mention that I was wishing her happy thoughts and great moments this year.

Tomorrow is my sister Sue's birthday.  Probably will not be near this computer, so thought I would remind everyone that knows and loves her to sing "Happy Birthday" to her in your own special way.

I am beginning to settle into the routine of school.  Those "freshman 15" can hit anyone, and with so many friends and family around it is way too easy to also slip in a meal out in town(Love the fellowship and the food, but... really?  .I have decided to stop myself before I get to the 15.  I have worked too hard at getting in shape to fall back into the negligent behavior of eating just 'cause I can.   When I head in to school early, I can get in a 3-4 mile walk until it is too darn cold to do it,  i am finding that if  I have a decent breakfast and I carry celery or some other crunchy veggie and juicy fruit I do not think about the sweets in the bookstore.  Took me a while to develop this attitude but HOPEFULLY, I am back on the healthy path again.  NOT GOING TO CAVE IN AND ALLOW MYSELF TO CREEP BACK UP TO A LARGER SIZE PIECE OF CLOTHING!

Life is GOOD!

No comments: