Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 19: Blog Title

Do some of you feel mislead by my title?  Guess it should be Computers,Textbooks, Needles, Fabric, Chisels and Wood...Life is GOOD!

I spend far more time with the computer and textbooks than with ANYTHING else in life these days.  Most of my time is for class or homework, but I am doing a large amount of business paperwork, too.  Today I learned how to use a completely different website, and will probably need to spend hours and hours trying to understand how to get the most out of it, but I need it to create our website, so I WILL MASTER IT.  I spent two hours in class doing Excel workbooks and then another hour doing more on one assignment.  Then I moved to completing a Market Analysis assignment for a class, wrote another short paper and spent time with the new website that I need to master.  I have a two hour class in this website later today, so I will have more than enough of the computer by the time I get home.

Funny how I am using my break time to type a post, read email, and check out Facebook.  8 months ago I would have laughed if anyone even thought I did such things.  So far today I have been on the computer for 5 1/2 hours.  I am guessing that I will do another 3 before heading home, and then I have paperwork that must be dealt with for an hour or two.  CRAZY!  However, it is also amazing that I have learned so much about the technology. 

A couple of days ago I was willing to throw my hands in the air and abandon this whole adventure, but it was just momentary stress.  I worked in the shop and did some quilting.  Then I jumped back in with both feet and conquered the project.  I wanted to sing "I am the CHAMPION!"  But then I started another project and was again humbled.

In church this week, we were reminded that all that we have comes from God and that it is by his grace that we are able to accomplish things. I do believe that I have the freedom to make choices, but I am also thankful that I am able to acknowledge and verbalize my grateful for all the possibilities I have had in my life.   I have done a great deal of praying and offering prayers of thanks and gratitude for being given the opportunities that I have.  I even offered a prayer for the humility of that next project.  This poem seems to cover my thinking on all of this.


THE WEAVER
       by B.M. Franklin (1882-1965)
 
My life is just a weaving
Between my Lord and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaves so skillfully.
 
Sometimes He weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.
 
Not ‘til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And explain the reasons why-
 
The dark threads are as needful,
In The Weaver’s skillful hands
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.


Life is GOOD!

No comments: