Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24: Really?

Okay, where have I been?  I thought I was getting better at doing all this blogging.  I know I have been on the computer, and I even read a few of my favorite bloggers' posts.  I think I will blame Facebook for thinking I had been sharing.  lol

As I have said, school keeps me quite occupied, especially when I am having some glitches in what I am trying to design, etc.  No specific reasons for the glitches, so I guess they fall squarely on the shoulders of the constructor - ME!  I have been wrestling with a particular portion on InDesign, but part of that is because I got lost before the instructor got to that point in class and had to play catch-up.  So, I have spent a chunk of time learning it on my own.  Of course this has forced me to truly learn it, so Pollyanna see a reason to be glad.

My evenings have been spent putting together all the paperwork for the accountants so they can figure out if we owe.  I am guessing with buying a new house, starting a new business, and reducing our income there is a chance we will actually get something back.  "I hope, I hope, I really hope!"

Friday was in my eyes a very revealing time.  I spent the whole day, from 7:30 to 5:30 building a remarkably easy to use spreadsheet on Excel.  It contains so much information and yet it is so easy to access it all.  My thanks go out to Kelly Blok who is my instructor in Advanced Microcomputer Applications.  A click here or there and I can tell you exactly what we have spent for shop supplies in 2013 or what materials we have purchased to finish a commissioned piece.  It is amazing!  I knew a little bit about how to use Excel before this class, but in this class we have unleashed its power, and it makes me feel like I have really accomplished something.

Yesterday, Kevin and I are calling a date!  We went to a wood show, but not as vendors.  We had a quiet lunch out, ran a few quick errands and then went back to the wood show.  Hanging our as a couple with my very best friend was fabulous!

Late afternoon and evening found us refocused on business stuff - but we had been re-energized, so.......!

Except for church and a couple of moments of Facebook that was more social in nature, I have been on the computer doing homework.  Need to get back to it, but thought I would share one photo first.  This is a shot of the wood shop from my office in the house. 
 
 

Life is GOOD!

No comments: