Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4: Happy Birthday for Real, Jodie!

It is my youngest sister's birthday today.  We celebrated this weekend with groundhog cake, but this is the real deal.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Have a shared the almost finished addition photo?  The finishing of the fireplace is on hold for a month or so.  Figure we need to pace ourselves.



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am also working on binding two of my quilts.  One will be my gift to myself for my 60th birthday in May.  The other one is going to Kentucky to the newest great nephew - a cousin quilt pieced by Brianna and then quilted and bound by me.

This is the top that I was using to conduct an experiment on how
to make some very "ugly" fabric beautiful.  Finding is that if I
cut it small enough all fabric is much better looking, and backing
it and binding it with the blue/white fabric has made it even better.
The unveiling of the finished quilt will be within the next couple of
weeks unless something more odd happens around here.
Jakob, do you love your quilt, yet?  You will be able to compare it
with your sisters' quilts.  I hide 3 hearts in the quilting so you can
always point out that this one belongs to the 3rd child in your small
family.  I will have it in the mail by Friday.
Life is GOOD!

No comments: