Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5: A Day of Forgetfulness

I left for school on time, but I left my computer charger at home.  Then I kept having issues with my cell phone.  It was not really ringing because it was on vibrating mode, but it was not giving me any messages, either.  Seems the cell phone had forgotten that it was living in South Dakota rather than very close to the Canadian border in Vermont.  It kept telling me that roaming charges would apply and that the data charges could be much higher.  Even though I turned it off several time it still kept coming back on with the same messages.  So bizarre!

Then I had to come home between classes to help Kevin with a project in tho shop and see what information we might have gotten from the doctor about Dad's cat scan.  The shop project went fine, and Dad did not have a news yet.  I left to pick up a special order stain, grab a bite of lunch and then go back to school for my second class.  Guess what I forgot.......................The computer charger.  Fortunately another student was kind enough to share her charger.

Forgetting things have improved, but there are still a few things.  Kevin's dad heard from the doctor.  He has several bulging disks in his lower back, quite a bit of arthritis along with that.  That seems to be the reason for the  pinched nerve in his leg.  Doctor feels he is too old for surgery, so they are
going to give him a shot every so often and  hope it works.  Prayers for him are important, please!

Dad must be feeling a bit better though because he was actually interested in going out for dinner.  Seemed to make him smile just a little.  He even said something about getting old was not for sissies.  Thankfully, he has ever cracked a few funnies.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: