Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20: School and Work


This weekend we worked on a number of items in the shop. These ruler racks are all sanded and ready for a spray finish. Two have been sold and the rest are done and ready to be sold as soon as they are sprayed. I finished up 30 comfort crosses, hearts, and seeds of hope.  They will require buffing but I love to see how adding the clear finish brings out the true color of the wood.  Kevin also finished 2 end-grain oak butcher block that are gorgeous and 2  small cutting boards for use with cheese and meats.  The final project that just requires the final finish is a single rail quilt stand made of cherry and stained a teak color.  Considering how long it took to finish the monstrous-sized  Tardis (the blue phone booth/time travel machine from the Dr. Who show), we feel like we have flown through these items.

Other pieces are now in their very early stages: a cutting table with enclosed sides, a special box, and a two-drawer end table out of oak.  Sounds like more sanding ahead!

***********************************

I do take learning seriously.  I attend classes, complete my assignments, and try to learn as much as I can each day.  This is my second t-shirt.  It means, that again this semester, I have not missed one class up to this point.  That is pretty special considering all that goes on around here, but then I am taking the classes to make our business more successful.  That is another driving force.





Life is GOOD!

No comments: