Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11: More Rummage, with a Large Side of Quilts and Wine

I have been busy again today.  I spent the full morning working the rummage sale with my sisters and nieces.  Even mu brother showed up briefly to bring a couple of items for the sale and deliver some fresh vegetables from his garden.  What an interesting way to get reacquainted with so many of my family. 
 

At noon, Kevin and I headed out to meet our friend Nancy to go to a local quilt and wine tasting event. We had a great time looking at quilts and tasting different local wines. We followed up with pizza at Old Chicago, and then came home to talk about some quilting ideas and then had homemade ice cream and cookies when her husband, our friend Dan, arrived.
All like a great way to spend the day.

Life is GOOD



See these two ladies toasting the day?  What a wonderful day
The damp chill did friz the hair and make me put on my old
"fat" sweatshirt, but we had a great time! Just as we finished the
tour of the quilts, the rain started.  You would have been amazed
 to see how quickly the quilts were taken down from the vines.





1 comment:

Nancy A. said...

What a great way to spend time together, and I LOVED the wine slushes!!!!!!! :)