Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23: Change of Pace

Made using Mini Scraps Quilt from Piece in the Hoop
Embroidery Designs
The project blocks for this mini quilt were made by my FIL on the embroidery machine.  He used a rather heavy wash away stabilizer  and a variety of white pieces as foundation, so I will have to work to get it pressed a little better before I do in the ditch quilting on it.  Then, once it is finished I will soak it goo and remove the stabilizer.  We are going to use it as a cheerful center topper on the kitchen table.

Dad loves working at his embroidery machine, so I try to encourage him.  He has been working on an eagle design set, but it is frustrating him, so I suggested he try these blocks.  They go together like foundation piecing except that you never take the fabric out of the hoop until it is finished.  He said they were okay, but some of the pieces were pretty small.  Each block measures 3" finished.

I have today through Sunday to finish up several other quilting projects as well.  Then I will have to fit things around school and working in the shop or doing paperwork for the business.  But, I am too young to need sleep, RIGHT?????  (59 is not old, is it????)  I actually love being busy and always have something that calls me to work/play, but rocking on the porch with a great book is calling to me, as well.  I know we are fortunate and blessed to be able to have choices AND our health.

Life is GOOD!


1 comment:

Castle Family said...

I like this one. Tell Grandpa its pretty cool and LOVE the colors!