Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 12: Bits and Pieces for Today

Started the day with church.  The cantor had an awesome voice and drew me into the words.  That is what a call a gift from God.

Next we went to my sister's and packed up the remains of the rummage sale.  I think I am surprised, but we made just under $900 between us.  Still, there will be quite a bit donated.  I feel great about the whole thing, but I can tell you that I will wait a long time to even consider doing it again.

Kevin, Dad, and I had lunch out because it was after 12:00 before we finished.  Then we dropped Dad at home and continued on to Dan and Nancy's to deliver a TV.  After a few minutes of sweat and a bit of conversation we headed home and went to the shop to get some more work done.  I have not been doing my part for a couple of days, so I felt the need to work, and it also meant that Kevin and I had some time together.  The two of us are working on a joint project.  These items will be sold at the two shows we are doing in Oct and Nov.  (I am not making Christmas anythings, so keep guessing.)  I will be sharing them and offering them for sale to others but for now, all you get to see is the mess I am creating in the paint corner.

Tonight we finished the final details of setting up the quilting frame and machine.  Leveling it was the longest process.  Adding the canvas leaders was easy, but I will have to get the longer leaders ready for doing the very large quilts, but I don't have any that size waiting so....... Tomorrow I will be doing my first test quilt.  I am excited to try it out, but I am also feeling like I have a lot of tops that are waiting, so there is a little press developing.  lol   (Classes start the last week of August, so I better get crack-a-lacking!)


As soon as I sign off, I am heading down to the studio to do a little testing on some embroidered blocks that Dad has been making.  I am hoping that everything fits just right, but I am always a bit anxious when I make the first cuts on an experiment.

Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Connie Fletcher said...

Well, Miss Robin....those are cute, but do they have a name? I like the quilt patterns...and the wood together. Mixed media....I think that qualifies you both as "arteests"... Have fun with your shows.