Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27: Some Changes Afoot!

Here I am am headed out the door for my first day of classes.  In my backpack is the world's heaviest laptop, along with two textbooks, two notebooks, assorted pens, pencils, note cards, and a calculator.  Just before this picture was taken, I had just commented to Kevin that if he waited a moment I might flip over and become a turtle on my back.  The bag was way too heavy to be carrying around from class to class.  And then there is the lunch bag...not too heavy, but there were 2 bottles of water, a roll-up sandwich, and an orange in it.

My two classes today were accounting and marketing.  I am by far the oldest in the classes, but that is not an issue to me.  I had less trouble with my computer than some, and I was prepared with paper to take some notes.  Loved all of it.

Afterwards, I had time before my dentist appointment so I went shopping.  Bought a couple of non t-shirts and......


wait for it............





I purchased.......





 My very own rolling computer/school bag.
 
 
Laugh at me if you will, but my one dumb move of the day was to lock my keys in the trunk of my car and had already locked my car doors when I got to the dentist.  Kevin was gallant enough to rescue me without too much teasing.  Once I got home, I went down to the shop and did more door harp painting for an hour and then made spaghetti for supper.
 
Now I need to go do some homework, make my lunch for tomorrow, and get organized for tomorrow's classes - business, selling, and computers (Office 2010 + the school's systems).  Although I am somewhat concerned about how to get it all done, I am already loving the learning!
 
Life is GOOD!

3 comments:

Castle Family said...

You should have held a sign like Zoe did that said, "first day of college take 3(?)"

diane said...

Oh Robin how wonderfully ambitious you are. You'll do great in school. I do love your door harp. Did you show one at DCSQ? Seem to remember you did but then maybe it was something else.

Enjoy your busy life!

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Dear Daughter, this is the 4th first day of another degree, but who is counting???