Thursday, August 30, 2012

This has been a fast week!

  • On Sunday, I did a lot of reading in preparation for my first classes, but I also got Cassie's quilt top made.  We also managed 3 hours out on the pontoon.
  • On Monday, I allowed myself to be TOTALLY overwhelmed but this new school adventure.  Classes are not going to be the biggest issue, but rather how to get everything done each day and help with our business, and be a family player with conversation/relaxing outings,  meals, laundry, shopping, cleaning, and QUILTING!
  • Tuesday I was still in overwhelmed mode, but I was beginning to breathe again.  However, one of our business tasks kept me up until after 11:30.
  • Wednesday, I got everything together, at least for a couple of hours.  I finished the day  with a sense that things will come together, and it will all be more than worth it in the end.  Kevin took a part-time job working with a business that deals with cabinetry. (We are trying very hard to do this business without borrowing and he needs a wider planner and a wider jointer.) (Did you just think - oh my, they just got busier in so many ways?)
  • Today I had three classes.  Learned some cool new things to do on the computer.  Truly enjoyed knowing that I had all the reading and note taking done for the classes and knew what we were talking about.  Tonight we have a possible client coming by to talk about purchasing a bunkbed.  Before that I will complete my two fun assignments on the computer, wash another load of clothes, and do a little extra praying for myself and others.  After all of that, Kevin and I will get my HQ back up so that I can quilt Griffin's, Cassie's, and another quilt over the weekend.
  • Friday should be an easy day of class because I only have accounting.  I will spend the time before class taking notes on a couple of readings and try to complete my one assignment that could use better directions.  The afternoon will be spent either on homework or painting door harps, but the evening is going to involve nothing more stressful that making dinner and kicking back.  (Always like to dream of that idea, anyway.)

We really are enjoying our life here in South Dakota.  It has been all about adapting and being flexible, but I have always prided myself in trying to make the best of each of life's twists and turns.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: