Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3: Been Busy

Some days are like that.  I have been busy for the past two and have not even found time to blog.  The 1st is always budgeting, bill paying, and considering all the options.  Added to that for this month, I was also doing the menu planning and building a master grocery check-off list that will work for the three of us.  Of course, I also squeezed in a couple hours of sewing.  Don't think I even turned on the radio.

Found out that my quilting table will be delivered today, so yesterday, along with other errands, I needed to do some fabric shopping, etc.  We started by doing a little solid wood researching - where to buy, checking some stores, and talking to a few people.  Then we went to several different fabric stores to accommodate both Dad and my needs; thread, backings, pillow forms, batting, and of course fabric for piecing.  We also took a break while shopping to have lunch and then finished up with the weekly grocery shopping.  I ended up having to shop for the gray flannel I needed online.  We ending up the day washing 3 loads of fabric purchases and working on business paperwork.  We have more advertising put together and are getting closer to having our brochure ready for a final read.  Basically, we worked all day, but enjoyed it.

Beyond my regular morning prayers and reflections, I did take time to give a little extra praise to God for working with my friends to find answers to their prayers.  I do not always mention such things, but I do believe that God answers prayers in His own time and in His own way, but only if you ask. He does hear and even when His answer does not seem to be what you thought you wanted, it always fits into the larger scheme of His plan for each of us.  Thank you, God, for being there to support my friends.

Dad is going to attempt to make all his own blocks and then have me do the assembly of the top and quilt it.  Because each block will have something related to eagles embroidered in it, the actual quilting will be "in-the-ditch."  He is so pleased with his decision that I m certain he will have his part done in weeks, so I am scheduling my part for September.  lol

Oh, I also took an hour to finish up some of my registration pieces for attending Southeast Technical Institute this fall.  I am going to spend part of each week for the next TWO years earning an associates degree with a double major in entrepreneurship and marketing.  I love going to school and this type of learning will definitely have an impact on growing our business.  I am truly excited and delighted that it is working out.  Learning new things is something I thrive on!

Life is GOOD!

No comments: