Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11: Ta-Da Sorta

I finished my last exam and turned in my final projects today.  I  officially do not to need to go to campus again until January, and that is exactly what I am planning. Loved being in classes and learning so much, but every other area of my life is calling loudly to have a turn.

That is really not going to happen, either because for now I have to focus on my part of the new living space - staining and finishing all the trim and doors.  I don't mind that especially now that my feet are so much better.  Yesterday, the guys blew in all the attic insulation, so I missed out on that labor, but I am going to appreciate that insulation when the weather is either very cold or very hot.

We also have a few more paying jobs to finish in the next week and a half, so there will be a lot of shop time, as well.  Today, I worked on a specially design wood order for my sister's friend.  It is a kidney-bean shaped piece with a heart carved in the center.  It is something like a comfort cross for someone whose going through scary medical times.  First time I have had a carving tool in my hand for months.  Just have to give it one more coat of finish.

Thought I would be painting in the new space tonight but Dad insisted that he would do it.  He is exhausted, but have you ever told a strong-willed 80 year old no?  Right, that does not work.

Here are some photos meant to play catch-up.  The first two are part of the Christmas gifts I was making when I broke my toe two Sundays ago (Toe is feeling pretty much healed, already.)  The rest are updates on the progress in the new space.

 

















 

 

 



Can't believe that I did not share the beautiful snow the first
day.  Think it might have had something with EXAM STRESS,
you think?????

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

since you are done with classes want to come and watch some kiddos with the flu?