Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31: Happy New Year's Eve!

The plan was to sew all morning, but I had to do some errands first thing, so I went from 10:30 to 2:30 with time off for lunch.  Had to remake one set of the color combo because I needed two more large triangles and did not have any more of it in my stash.  Worked out well though because I like having two fairly black sets. I am pretty certain that this is the final layout, but I will decide definitely in the morning One of the blacks and the darker plain turquoise will be borders.  The back is a t-shirt quilt.  Plan is to put it together tomorrow and make sure the borders work on both sides.  Then I will quilt it on Wednesday or Thursday depending on our schedule.  Need to have it bound by Jan. 5th.  It is LONG overdue.

 
What are your plans for tonight?  Going out celebrating?  We are just going to stay home, eat, and quietly welcome in the New Year.  It has been said in the past that you should start the new year as you intend to have it go and with those you love.  Kevin will be with me, so that is what counts most.  As far as the doing goes, that means that I would personally vote for 10:00 bedtime, but the guys think we have to stay up and welcome it in.  That means my second choice is to be doing some type of quilting, so I will bind while we watch a good movie and then watch the ball drop.
 
 
My car is celebrating the New Year by actually being able to be parked in the garage for the first time since all the renovations began.  Can you hear it singing and shouting for joy?  Its next wish is for a warm enough day to go to the car wash and get spiffed up.  Love winter, but it is hard on the car, right?
 
 
Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

grandmatomato said...

I like the lay out of this quilt.
Looks like some one will enjoy a new quilt soon.