Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 27: What Have I Really Been Doing Since Dec. 18th?

Dad and I needed to do a few short errands early last week.  While we were out, he kept holding his left side.  I got pushing and convinced him to go to his doctor.  He had a broken rib.  Nothing happened to cause it, at least nothing that we know of, but he did have a cough that had been fairly intense for about a week.  Figured that his assistance with the new addition was not really a good thing in that condition, so I became the second guy.
 
As I have already indicated, I painted, stained, and painted some more.  I also carried lots of heavy things and moved whatever needed to be moved.  In between that I did some baking, finished off the Christmas letters, finished off the book I had started on Dec. 13, and prepared for company.
 
Then after the carpet was laid, I hired my niece to help with removing all the fine sheet rock dust.  She did a fabulous job on our nasty kitchen floor.  The shine was something unexpected, but so special.  Believe me, she earned her pay.  Then I hired her and her brother for another day to help with the moving in of the furnishing.  Some of the pieces were extremely heavy, but Nick was a good sport and kept working even when he was exhausted.  All I can say is that with all their assistance, we were able to finish before Jamie and family arrived.
 
We also had to finish a few more orders for 3-tiered quilt racks.  These were done and delivered before Christmas Eve.  While Kevin was delivering the last order, I took another, but it will not be made until  after the beginning of the year.
 
Once the kids had arrived, I did not find time for blogging.  I love having any and all of my grandkids around.  I play too hard and am totally exhausted each night, but I would not have it another way!  The time we spend together is magical in my heart!  Whether cuddling or playing with the marbles and dice, nothing could be sweeter!
 
Henry and I spent hours playing on the Nook

We spend tome time practicing singing "Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus"
We wanted to be ready for our own birthday celebration.  Zoe also
practiced the telling of the Christmas Story using one of the Nativity sets as
her props.  What a wonderful way to celebrate the birth of Christ.
 
Life is GOOD!

No comments: