Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13: YELLOW????????????

Want to share the painting progress in the new living space, but I can already hear friends commenting on it being yellow. I took the photos while we were painting last night.  We have one working outlet until we finish the painting tonight and then the electricians will install the lights, outlets and ceiling fan tomorrow.   I do not think that it is yellow in any light but the high-intensity one we were using for painting, but it certainly does have a yellow cast.  The color is "drum skin" and everywhere else it appears to look a little like butter cream frosting.  Don't tell Deb B, but I really like this color - yellow is great everywhere but on ME or as the predominant color in one of my quilts.
























I also sanded this pile of trim and all the rosettes. 13 more pieces of trim had to be ordered, so they will get my attention tomorrow.  Not so much a fan of the rosettes but they are in keeping with the rest of the trim in the house, so that is what we are doing.  Today I am going to be staining in the afternoon.  Dad wants to help so we will see how long he lasts.  His energy is low and he seems to be really worn out but he insists that he feels fine.
 











Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

are you trying to keep a secret from me???? lol....love the yellow