Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13: Seed of Hope

As long as one has hope, I believe there is a better chance for a good outcome in anything.  In the case of illness, I believe it is even more important.  Therefore, when my sister's friend told her about a scary diagnosis, I was more than willing to make her something tangible to hold onto as she goes through all of this.  In her case, the comfort cross would not work because the cross is not part if her faith practices, so I carved her a "seed of hope" that will fit in the palm of her hand.




The joy of working with wood is revealing its secrets.  Before I started carving this is tiger maple, I did not really notice, but when I was finishing it the plaid effect really came through. The top curves of the heart are about the same shape as my thumb - what a nice feeling to be able to trace it with my thumb.  Hope it will offer her a calming sense and aprreciation of the love and prayers my sister is sending her way.

No comments: