Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2: I am an optomist, really I am!

Every day I get up and smile, and welcome whatever is in store for me.  I am an optimist!  There are moments and times of stress, but I love to look for the humor or at least the positive side of a situation.  Today has been a trial for me, but I know that telling the tale will bring a smile to some and and an out-and-out laugh from others.

Jamie said I was not to share the visual evidence of this story, but I can tell you the facts.  If you have been reading my blog, you know that I have been experiencing a negative encounter with the removal of my left large toenail and two bad infections that have been part of the healing process.  Even when I knew that the medicine was partly responsible for making me feel a little odder than normal, I was able to find the humor in it all.  Still do see humor in that, but this morning after church, I ran up against a new twist.

I decided to use the time between church and lunch to do some Christmas/birthday sewing.  I was in heaven just playing with the material. (I will share them in the next couple of days.  They were all finished before, during, and after the story that follows.)  However, to paraphrase what Paul Harvey would say, "Now for page 2, and the rest of the story.........."


 I was just enjoying this short but relaxing couple of hours, then I took a mis-step!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Normally, I wear shoes or slippers in the studio, but the foot problem has made me less willing to trap my feet for long periods of time.  The studio floor is and was clean as I reached for something on the counter and realized I was about to bump my poor toe, so I used my other foot to ward off the problem.  Only thing is that my second smallest toe on my right foot encountered a very solid surface that was unwilling to yield right-of-way.  The toe immediately turned BLACK and BLUE, but my tongue was still.  Tears welled up in my eyes, but I fought back any negative words.  Feel pretty certain the toe is broken, but there really is nothing to be done about it.  Before the end of the week I will be fine, but just how much should one girl endure?
.
.
.
.
My family and close friends are probably chuckling and thinking that I am an accident waiting to happen.  They are probably right, but I was trying to change my ways.   =0)


Life is GOOD, but these toes are PAINFUL!

1 comment:

Nancy A. said...

You know Robin, We were really impressed by how long it had been since you had been accident-prone. I think you are making up for some of that down time.... This should take care of it for a good long while...I hope... for your sake... feel better soon!