Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1: Happy Beginning of 2013!


Although Dad claimed he would not want to eat today due to over indulging last night on cheese, summer sausage, crackers, potato chips, onion dip, and 2 bottles of lemonade (all of which he bought for ringing in the New Year), he was ready for french toast (courtesy of Kevin's cooking) and then.......................

Dad took out his newest kitchen toy and made mini-doughnuts.  Hope this is not a sign of temptations throughout the year.  They are pretty darn yummy, though!


We rang in 2013 watching an old movie and then the dropping of the ball.  Kevin and I also sorted more papers, filed ideas for the business, and made some notes about where we plan to take the business this year.  The last 45 minutes of the old year, I worked on binding, but I still have 12" left to finish on the quilt.

Today's plans include the continuation of sorting and filing - using the Excel skills I learned last semester to create several more spreadsheets, etc.  I also plan to use the afternoon to try and finish putting the front and back tops of Isabella's quilt together so I can quilt int Wed or Thursday.  Not a busy day, just a laid back doing day.

School starts up on January 8th so I have time to do lots of things before then.  Once classes begin, I am going to try very hard to do all my homework and school projects between classes each day - 4 hours M-Thurs.  That should leave me time for working in the woodshop, quilting, blogging, and doing the business end of it all.  Before anyone starts to think that I am an overachiever, I am doing all of this because I love to do different things (passionate about them, even) and have to find a way to fit them all into a 24 hour day that uses 8 hours for sleeping and a couple more hours for cooking, cleaning, laundry, sometimes Skpying, and driving from Point A to Point B.  lol

Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

Glad you made it to 12. I went to bed at 10:30. Guess I am getting old. :-)