Friday, January 11, 2013

January 11: Topic is School Happenings, Plus......

Went to class today with my favorite teacher and found out that he is being reshuffled to be able to teach at least one additional class.  Sad that he won't be teaching this course because I enjoy his style, but this change is what has made it possible for me to take my InDesign class.  I am certain I will adapt and there will be other chances to take classes with him.

I have promised myself that school will not rule my world this semester.  Kevin thinks it is already winning, but I told him what I was doing today was researching information for our business.  For extra-curricular reading I am diving head-first into a fascinating book called Socialnomics.  It is about the role or many roles of social media in the world today and in the future.  (Back when I was teaching math I loved to browse math books, so............)

Reporting in that I also managed to walk a little more in the afternoon and then did 10 miles on my bike before supper, yesterday.  Today I walked about 2.5 miles and plan to ride the bike shortly.

I am trying hard to not let studying take away everything else, so last night I worked on Isabella's quilt and played a little with Dad's newest project idea.  Today I went to the fabric store to purchase fabric for cuffs on some pillow cases, and the fabric is washing even as I type.

For now, I need to get back to my office work, but tomorrow is still scheduled to be all about the quilt studio, except for a couple of hours to be spent on my comfort cross shaping, sanding and finishings.  Life is all about choices, and I sure am lucky to have so many interesting things to chose.

Life is GOOD!

**VERY STRONGLY CONSIDERING SWITCHING TO WORD PRESS BY THE END OF THE WEEK IF I CAN'T FIND A RESOLUTION TO MY UPLOADING OF PERSONAL PHOTOS.

No comments: