Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 26: Have Camera - Didn't Remember to Use

I FORGOT TO EVEN TAKE ONE PHOTO!  Brianna came to the house today to have a quick refresher on using the sewing machine.  She is the cousin making the "cousin quilt" for Jakob.  We spend a good chunk of the afternoon with her running the machine and me doing binding.  We talked and laughed and accomplished a great deal.  It was great one-on-one time with my niece.

*****************************
Once again, I spent the morning working in the wood shop.  I did not do nearly as much sanding as yesterday.  Today was all about being the "grunt-laborer"!!  I lifted and applied glue and twisted clamps closed.  I may not know how to do even 1/32 of what Kevin knows to do with wood, but I do know how to follow directions.

In between helping with these activities, I worked on more comfort crosses.  There is something so soothing about making these.  Others are finding the finished crosses to offer comfort to others and to themselves when they give them.  I think of them as an acknowledgement of the strength one gains from any type of prayer!

*****************************
Tonight has been all about homework.  I find it interesting how much time I have been spending on Facebook and Pinterest.  I probably spend 10 minutes on my personal stuff and then several hours doing my homework and exploring the various aspects of these platforms.  Never plan to be an expert on them, but in the last 2 weeks I have learned a great deal.   

I also spent a couple of hours on my design class assignments.  I am becoming more and more a real user of the computer rather than what I used to be - a novice with a wannabe attitude.  This week I created a wedding invitation, a dessert menu, and a challenging document that was more that text - looks pretty professional.  Love using glyphs and raised capitals.

Then there is the advanced applications class for Office - I am creating a newsletter.  This is the 3rd one for the class.  It is quite a bit of fun.  I will finish it up during my study hours on Monday.

For all you that are in my age range, remember how we were taught in typing class to leave 2 spaces at the end of a sentence? Well, that has changed!  It is one space.  If you do 2 spaces in some of my programs it messes up the set up. Old habits are HARD to break, especially as I get older.

Tomorrow, after church, I will be back in the shop for a few hours and then I am thinking about quilting another top before I finish Isabella's binding in the evening.  Still looking for a balance of my passions and responsibilities.

Life is GOOD! 

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

I always thought it was two spaces.....