Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16: Where Will All of This Lead?

Wow!  This semester is so full of information, ideas, and truly exciting thoughts.  Kevin and I are going to make this business into what we have envisioned, but we are learning that it takes a lot more work to plan and develop that we had anticipated.  Maybe I really need a 92 hour day with only 8 hours of sleep required.  I am loving it, but I really do need to sort out the priorities.  Nay, I need the 92 hours!!!

I spent 2 hours reading a magazine with some fantastic ideas about building, managing, and doing what is needed to make a woodworking business successful.  Sent my reply card in for a subscription.  I am going to implement a couple of the ideas today.  Others are things that we as partners are going to have to formulate and standardize, but what a great source of practical working knowledge.

I am also committed to changing this blog over to a different provider.  I am thinking that it will happen this weekend, along with starting a business blog within the next month.  I am going to do some linking of the two so that I can separate the personal from the other, but both will still leak into each other, because that is what I do.

**********************************

My FIL is really excited about my plan for this quilted block quilt, but maybe he is excited just because he is seeing me make a bit of progress each day.  Last night he was so inspired that he decided to purchase more fabric today to work on another set of blocks.  These will take more time, so I can pace myself and still convince him that I am trying to play fair.  hee hee


Met with the contractor to settle our bill for the addition.  Pleasantly pleased that he managed to say within his estimated bid.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: