Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8: How are things going?

Let me get this out of the way upfront: With the exception of still not being able to upload my personal photos to the blog, all is going well.  I have jumped through all the hoops but have not found a fix, YET!

* * * * * * * * * *

Today is the first day of classes.  I have had my first 'Advanced Microcomputer Applications for Business' class.  I think it will be a favorite, but the month we are doing Access, I may have to rethink my comments.  lol  Right after class, I have several hours that I can spend doing the homework and reworking the parts that are more challenging.  I am already seeing a lot of applications for our business and for so many other things.

I have 'Web Design' later today.  That one is much needed for the business, so I want to get as much out of it as I can.  I am thinking it will get a great deal of my attention as I learn the software and also try to build our business website.

Tomorrow I have 'Business Law' which will be the one with the most reading and collaboration, but I really like this instructor, so that will make it a favorite even with all the other pieces.

Later in the day, I am taking 'Social Media' and hope to learn how to use it to promote the business and inspire customer trust and loyalty.  Don't know much about Facebook, Twitter, Wikis, Micro blogs, etc.  However, as with the other courses, I will beat my head against the wall to knock it all in and probably have a great time doing it.  (I love learning!)

* * * * * *

Beyond school, I am currently involved in doing HUGE AMOUNTS of paperwork for the business.  The last two days I have been working non-stop on it.  I am not overwhelmed but I do realize that this year I will need to pay the accountant more than I will need to do in the future.  We will definitely not make a profit considering the costs of starting up, but we are starting to feel like we have at least something that can be grown.

Last night I watched an old movie, Miss Congeniality, and did more hand sewing on the binding of the red, white, and blue quilt.  Funny just how relaxing it is to just sit and stitch.  Isabella's quilt is still in process.  With classes starting, I will probably not do the actual quilting until Saturday, but this is how life is.  When it is done, Kevin and I will take a little trip to SDSU and deliver it to her along with lunch and ice cream at the best ice cream place in the world - SDSU's Dairy.

Another thing I am committing to for at least this month is exercising in some form every day.  I even put tennies in my bookbag so I can walk in the halls between my two classes.  My recumbent bike is back in place and the pull-in replacement has been ordered and should arrive in the next day or two.  Then I plan to ride it after class and before supper each day.  The goal in all of this is adding movement to my day.

My evenings are going to be a mix of working in the shop on whatever Kevin needs me to do, blogging, quilting and carving, along with hanging out with Kevin and his Dad.  Friday after my one early class, I will spend the full day in the office doing paperwork, designing ways to create more exposure for the business, and simply taking care of whatever business needs to be done.  The weekends are not going to be about school, but if we have projects to finish in the shop that will get my attention.  Otherwise, I am going to simply enjoy life - see family and friends, read books, quilt, blog, and just enjoy doing whatever comes my way.

All this being said, I am going to try very hard to live up to my higher expectations rather than just letting everything slide until I crash and burn trying to get caught up.  Life is about working hard, but it is also about enjoying those things you love.  Fortunately, we are living a life that is filled with the things we are passionate about, so lets see how I do with this schedule.

CHECK BACK WITH ME IN FEBRUARY TO SEE HOW IT IS GOING!

Life is GOOD!

No comments: