Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 12: Quilted and Going to Work in the Shop

Finished both quilt tops + borders for Isabella's quilt this morning while taking care of the laundry.  The challenge of this quilt is that is really 2 quilts.  I put borders on both sides to help make them size correctly.  I also made the back quilt border about 3" wider all around.  If I am careful, it should center pretty well.  I want to quilt it today, but I am a bit too nervous to do it with only a couple of hours left this afternoon, so I will get it loaded this evening and then give it the right amount of time tomorrow.  Should be working on the binding this week in the evenings.

Tomorrow I will probably also serge 6 pillow cases so that they can be mailed with another package on Monday or Tuesday.

Kevin was gone all morning, but he is just getting back and we will be working in the shop until supper.  I have comfort crosses calling me, and he has a huge storage unit that is begging to be finished.  Before the afternoon is over, I also have to stain another 3-tiered quilt rack to be delivered sometime this week.  Life is not dull.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: