Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15: Wow! Plus

Okay, I did join Facebook for school, but I am keeping that account just for school.  I also have a started a personal account, not to share with everyone, but so I can just see how it works on that side.  My concern is genuine in that I spent 90 minutes on it last night just looking, responding, and also chatting with one of my very best friends.  I do not have that much time, but according to Socialnomics once I gain a better understanding of it all, it is supposed to save me time.  Wonder how that is going to work out?????

*********************************
My first chat did reap benefits thought.  As I blogged about yesterday, I am trying to figure out the best way to work with the quilted blocks that my FIL made.  Deb suggested that I do something like crazy quilting stitches.  That inspired me to get off the computer and check out that idea and one I had while chatting.  Dad vetoed the crazy quilting stitches because the style of his blocks.  After having made a visual, I was in complete agreement.  What we decided we like was a plain version, but how I achieved it was the fun part. 

I sewed one side of the block and the batting together with a 3/8' seam.  Then I laid it out and smoothed the opposite side fabric of one block over the seam and then folded the other block's edge to made a 3/8' fold.  I then used my hand binding skills and made a very tidy seam.  I left 3/8" at the top and the bottom of the hand stitched seam so that I can add the other rows.  Dad loves it and I can do a few at a time while we visit in the evening or when we are driving places, so it is a great solution.  Some day, when I get back the photo ability or switch to Word Press, you will actually be able to see how it works out.

********************************

Best intentions of mice and men (and WOMEN) would be that I could report that I rode the bike as planned last night, but I allowed myself to get sucked into the Facebook thing and then I was inspired to try my quilt idea.  I want to do it all, but my body wants the exercise, too.  The "freshman 15" and all the problems with my toe and my uncontrolled taste buds over the holiday season are making my body scream even louder.  Got to be more firm with myself on the exercise piece!

EVEN SO, LIFE IS GRAND!!!!

No comments: