Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22: Wow - No Homework and It Is Tuesday

Last semester, by Tuesday I felt completely swamped and did not feel caught up until Friday or Saturday.  This feels good!

I did work in the shop most of yesterday, and also picked out every bit of quilting in Isabella's quilt.  Both are impressive enough for me to want to rest on my laurels, but instead, I did some general office work, and put together 4 of my FIL quilted blocks.  Surprisingly pleased about how they look.  Also gives me handwork to do if I choose to watch a movie in the evening.

**************************
When I was a young kid, my father had the task of running the navy bean soup through the colander, which helped to thicken the whole thing.  I loved watching the bean goo push out the perforated holes as he turned the pistol around the inside edges of the colander.  It seemed like a science experiment.   He might have made the soup as well, but I don't think he was a domestic type.  I found a packet for making this type of soup, so guess what is in the crockpot for supper, tonight.  If it works, it will become a favorite.  The guys love any soup, but oyster, but I am a little more selective of which ones I eat.

***************************
Kevin and I have been sending out a Christmas newsletter for years.  It is something that started as a bit of a joke, but it is something that we have come to enjoy creating.  Today in my advanced applications class we started a unit on designing newsletters.  Can't wait to use these skills for our next letter or maybe even for the business.  Never knew I could do so many things with this program.  

I LOVE LEARNING!

***************************

Still have not seen a fix for my photo download, but...................

Life is GOOD!

No comments: